UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

3 posters

Looking to Hire a Field Guide in June

TheMarkswoman
    Present Day Rank
    Present Day Rank

Looking to Hire a Field Guide in June Empty Looking to Hire a Field Guide in June

Post  TheMarkswoman Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:30 am

Hello,

I am a science teacher from Los Angeles who will be visiting the Midlands next month.

I have been researching fossil and mineral collecting in the area, but the information is simply overwhelming, and I'm finding it difficult to identify collecting locations on maps. I am therefore looking to hire a geologist/skilled hobbyist to take myself and another teacher out on a few guided field trips.

I would be able to pay $200 for 3-4 trips in Derbyshire and South Staffordshire, and can increase the pay if the guide can provide transportation.

If anyone is interested please contact me ASAP.

Name: Sarah Arak
    Email: s.arak@birminghamcharter.com
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

Looking to Hire a Field Guide in June Empty Re: Looking to Hire a Field Guide in June

Post  ermaster Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums.
    I'm just messaging to say that it would be a good idea to post this on other fossil forums as well.
    such an example of a big forum is:http://www.discussfossils.com/forum/default.asp
    Your post there should gather a lot of interest.
    hope you find a guide.
    -ermaster
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Looking to Hire a Field Guide in June Empty Re: Looking to Hire a Field Guide in June

Post  macrocephale Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 am

I live in Derby some of the time (my dad works there), but I've never really been hunting around there I'm afraid. Some of the things I've seen online such as the ceratites, orthocones and other nautiloids look quite nice though, best of luck!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:46 am