UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

2 posters

Doubt Thrown On Cold-Blooded Dino Theory

Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Doubt Thrown On Cold-Blooded Dino Theory Empty Doubt Thrown On Cold-Blooded Dino Theory

Post  Kosmos Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 pm

macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Doubt Thrown On Cold-Blooded Dino Theory Empty Re: Doubt Thrown On Cold-Blooded Dino Theory

Post  macrocephale Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:18 am

Uh-oh! More BBC nonsense I fear! I'll have a proper read of this and the actual paper behind it tomorrow, don't just let the Beebs' sciencey words woo you geekthumbsup

Edit: I believe this may be the original paper, it's just been posted on the WikiPalaeo Facebook Page;
    http://www.mediafire.com/?znkbu48vb0dm4bv

Doubt Thrown On Cold-Blooded Dino Theory Empty Re: Doubt Thrown On Cold-Blooded Dino Theory

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 am

Thank you Kosmos, very interesting - stuns me that mammals were not looked at more closely in the first place.

macrocephale wrote:Uh-oh! More BBC nonsense I fear! I'll have a proper read of this and the actual paper behind it tomorrow, don't just let the Beebs' sciencey words woo you

Macro - there is nothing wrong with that article, we are all capable of judging an article on merit, identify mistakes, question it or on being brief do further research and discuss that here, so be constructive, don't be a condescending twit.

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:53 am

Ok, having read the above topic about the Therapod articles I guess you were referencing that. Without context your post just seemed rude.

Post  Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Here is another long standing study that has recently been contested.

UCLA biologists reveal potential 'fatal flaw' in iconic sexual selection study

(Phys.org) -- A classic study from more than 60 years ago suggesting that males are more promiscuous and females more choosy in selecting mates may, in fact, be wrong, say life scientists who are the first to repeat the historic experiment using the same methods as the original
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:13 pm

With this story it's more that the Beeb has dumbed it down a few notches as usual..
    The South America one is still terrible though..
    And I was in a really crappy mood yesterday, needed to rant about something.. You should have seen my massive Grammar-Nazi rant on another forum! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:56 pm