UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

3 posters

hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid?

druss
    druss
    Admin

hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid? Empty hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid?

Post  druss Wed May 23, 2012 6:23 pm

[img]hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid? Micro910[/img]
    fusilier21
    fusilier21
    Quaternary Rank
    Quaternary Rank

hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid? Empty Re: hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid?

Post  fusilier21 Wed May 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi,
    It very much looks like a plate from a crinoid calyx.
    Where did you find it? I might be able to Id the species.
    Crinoids were very common animals in the Carboniferous and crinoidal limestone can make up whole strata in some locations.
    hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid? Dscn4215
    hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid? Dscn9910
    Cheers,
    Andrew
    druss
    druss
    Admin

hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid? Empty Re: hi i think this might be a 'scale' from the top of the plant from a crinoid?

Post  druss Thu May 24, 2012 12:36 am

Hi it was found at Wrens Nest in Dudley
    fusilier21
    fusilier21
    Quaternary Rank
    Quaternary Rank

Post  fusilier21 Thu May 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi, possibly Crotalocrinites verucosus. Commonly found in Dudley and generally well preserved. I'm not 100% though, Carb crinoids are more my thing. Hope this helps.
    Andrew
    druss
    druss
    Admin

Post  druss Fri May 25, 2012 12:21 am

Thank you Andrew this will help
    fossilhunter
    fossilhunter
    Palaeogene Rank
    Palaeogene Rank

Post  fossilhunter Fri May 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Yep, I've got a similar one in situ, I'm trying to find it at the moment...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am