UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

3 posters

My New Website

My New Website Empty My New Website

Post  Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Have spent a few days building a retail website for my fossils and minerals. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Plenty more to come. What do you think?
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

My New Website Empty Re: My New Website

Post  Kosmos Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Very nice website. I like the big chalk ammonite, will there be any more chalk fossils to come on?

Post  Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks Kosmos, I do have a sensational Chalk Acanthoceras from the same location which I will have up within the week. Hopefully some more later in the year too.
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

Post  ermaster Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Very very nice I like it Smile

Post  Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:11 pm

thanks ermaster!
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Looks good, although you might want to double check the grammar is some places, the description for the Fagesia peroni ammonite says 'I have been acid prepped', did it hurt much?! geek 7

Also, what is that ammonite like from the front, it looks more like Neolobites from the side, if it's nearly spherical then it's Fagesia, if it's more oval from the front/back/top/bottom, then it's more likely Neolobites.

Post  Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 pm

macrocephale wrote:Looks good, although you might want to double check the grammar is some places, the description for the Fagesia peroni ammonite says 'I have been acid prepped', did it hurt much?! geek 7

Also, what is that ammonite like from the front, it looks more like Neolobites from the side, if it's nearly spherical then it's Fagesia, if it's more oval from the front/back/top/bottom, then it's more likely Neolobites.

Thanks Macro, ill send you some pics of the front later in the week, I consider it fagesia but I may be wrong. As for the tense... when I started out at stalls I wrote all my labels as if the fossil was talking about themselves, so some of the items on the website are still talking about themselves. When I started trading in a shop I changed my approach to make it a bit more adult'ish. I quite like the fossils talking about themselves... I might add "OUCH!" after that sentnce. easier for me if I stick to one style tho. Thanks for taking a look.
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

Post  ermaster Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Sorry just one thing I might add to improve the site is that the bars on the left need to be able to close as it is rather annoying to me.
    I suggest a system of maybe clicking the little arrow to the left of the words to bring it back up?????

Post  Guest Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:48 pm

ermaster wrote:Sorry just one thing I might add to improve the site is that the bars on the left need to be able to close as it is rather annoying to me.
    I suggest a system of maybe clicking the little arrow to the left of the words to bring it back up?????

Thanks ermaster, I have toiled for hours for a click back up system. I did have them going straight back up when the mouse offed but that was bloody annoying too. I will try and do a click up again when I have more stamina. Problem I have is combining the two functions, a drop down and click up where as a click down click up would be easier, but I want people to be able to browse the entire fossil or mineral catagory as is easily. I may have to settle for a click down click up system or even just a click through... so no drop down menus so you can click fossils and view the catagories on that page? What do you think?
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 am

I think the drop down is good, but it'd be easier if they went back up if you moved the mouse away from them, rather than keeping all the other menus further down the page until you refresh/click a link

Post  Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 am

Ok ill sort it

Post  Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Ok, Menu now goes down and up... to your liking?
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 am

Much nicer Smile
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

Post  ermaster Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 am

Ok that is very nice Smile
    I like how you can still have them all open but you have to go off the side bar for it to close.

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Here's that ammo I was telling you about Kosmos.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:29 pm