UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

3 posters

Car Sharing

Car Sharing Empty Car Sharing

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 pm

I am really struggling to get to events with the cost of Fuel and I am always willing to share my car. Other people are always willing to share transport and others have no transport.

We really need to sort out a Car Share system.

I live North West of London and I am able to pick people up from a number of stations and towns near me, depending where the hunt is I often travel a large part of the M25 or M1 and as such can pick people up en route.

I really want to appeal to everyone that we start sharing journeys because it makes environmental and economic sense and will also make UKAFH events more accessible to more people.

So if you want to take part in a car share system please let us Know where you are and what your transport situation is so that we can easily arrange transportation options for those wanting to attend events. You can private message me or send UKAFH an email or post in here.
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Car Sharing Empty Re: Car Sharing

Post  Kosmos Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 pm

How much would the costs be for one if they came with?

Post  Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 am

Kosmos wrote:How much would the costs be for one if they came with?

It depends on where the hunt is and how many people are going. From memory i think u are close to me kosmos... do u fancy 11th nov at folkestone i know i will strugle to aford it so really need to share the ride. Do u want me to let u know about that hunt if u want to come?
    moleskin
    Quaternary Rank
    Quaternary Rank

Post  moleskin Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Im based near Ledbury so happy to help out with lifts if im headed to any trips, shout if i can help

Vik

Post  Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 pm

moleskin wrote:Im based near Ledbury so happy to help out with lifts if im headed to any trips, shout if i can help

Vik

Thanks Vic I shall add you to the list
    barrylee
    barrylee
    Quaternary Rank
    Quaternary Rank

Post  barrylee Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 am

I'm in portsmouth, happy to share if anyone near me, when i venture out to any trips. Cuts down my costs too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:40 pm