UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

4 posters

Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be?

Poll

What topic should the next Quiz be on?

[ 1 ]
    Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Bar_left17%Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Bar_left33%Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Bar_left50%Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Poll closed
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Empty Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be?

Post  macrocephale Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Well, I'll be taking over quizmaster duties for a little while (I suspect a conspiracy to stop me winning but I enjoyed hosting them more anyway), and to keep people interested I'm going to let everyone decide the topic of the quiz! I've posted the same question on Facebook, and the results of the two polls shall determine what Novembers' quiz will be based on!

As the vote is on Facebook as well, try not to vote for the same thing twice, vote for your favourite two of the three!

Last edited by macrocephale on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Empty Re: Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be?

Post  Kosmos Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:00 am

I vote the fish - might get the chance to collect them next year in the summer, so even if I don't get a point it would be interesting.
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Empty Re: Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be?

Post  macrocephale Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 am

Ooh I was hoping a vote or two would come up for them- I did my Vertebrate palaeontology essay on them last year Smile Nothing like a good old Antiarch! geek

Novembers' Quiz- what do YOU want the topic to be? Empty Sabre toothed cats

Post  Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Come on people - its gotta be cats.

PS Macro can you email your notes on extinctions please.
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 am

Ahh sorry I forgot about that, I'll try to get the scanner working in the morning- when I'm more sober!

It's currently Hadrosaurs: 0, Cats: 2, Placoderms: 2 on Facebook btw! (try not to vote for the same category twice people)
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Between the poll on Facebook and here, it's currently:
    Hadrosaurs - 1
    Sabre-Tooth Cats - 5
    Placoderms - 5
    You have one day left to vote for your favourite, and then I'll start writing the questions for next weeks' quiz! If it's still a tie I'll either discount my votes, or write questions on both! Make your vote count!
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 pm

The quiz shall feature... Placoderms!
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

Post  ermaster Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:01 pm

macrocephale wrote:The quiz shall feature... Placoderms!
    I guess I better start learning what the hell they are then Razz
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:13 am

They're the armoured fish which were very prevalent during the late Silurian and Devonian periods, and included fish 20cm long to giants like Dunkleosteus. That's as much as I'll say
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

Post  ermaster Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am

Is the quiz online?
    Chapwi
    Chapwi
    Admin

Post  Chapwi Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes the quiz is online mate
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

Post  ermaster Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 pm

good good I will try to be on then Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 pm