UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

2 posters

MAJOR UKAFH NEWS!!!!!!!!

Chapwi
    Chapwi
    Admin

MAJOR UKAFH NEWS!!!!!!!! Empty MAJOR UKAFH NEWS!!!!!!!!

Post  Chapwi Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:28 am

We would like to announce TWO NEW ASSISTANCE HEAD'S have joined UKAFH
    I would like to welcome Leanne and Mike Hunter to the team, were really looking forward to working together and making UKAFH better for you all.

Quote from Leanne: Hello there. I'm Leanne Hunter. I am so very excited about becoming a new member of the UKAFH team and I very much look forward to meeting you all in the near future.

My love of geology started when I was about 10 years old. I found a piece of granite on a beach in Wales and I was mesmerised by the sparkling quartz, mica and feldspar. I have loved rocks and minerals ever since. I have been collecting rocks, minerals and fossils for a couple of years now. I have a pretty fab personal collection and I'm sure most of you will know what I'm talking about when I say 'it's taken over my life'. I have well and truly been bitten by the bug!

I started a Geoscience honours degree with the Open University a couple of years ago and I have had so much fun learning about rocks, minerals and fossils in hand specimens and thin section. I have been on many fossil hunts and geo trips and I have found some awesome rocks and fossils along the way.

I am mesmerised by the planet we call home. I love the journey life took to get here, how life beat the odds and many mass extinctions, leaving behind clues and evidence of life that once existed in another time and place. For me, being an amateur fossil hunter is like being a detective, unravelling the history of this amazing planet, telling a unique story of how life made it so that we could be here today, admiring the beauty of the history it left behind.

Quote from Mike: Its a pleasure to be part of the UKAFH team and I'm looking forward to getting out on some fossil hunts with everyone. My background is biology based, i have a biology degree and I'm just about to start a masters degree. I will admit, i prefer my animals alive rather than dead, but i love fossils. I am not a fossil expert by any means but i have studied a lot of evolution so if you have any question about this subject i will more than willing to assist. My other area of interest is science writing, i hope you will enjoy the articles that i write, i promise that they will be well researched and interesting.
    ermaster
    ermaster
    Silurian Rank
    Silurian Rank

MAJOR UKAFH NEWS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: MAJOR UKAFH NEWS!!!!!!!!

Post  ermaster Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 am

Welcome to the team and hope you find it good!
    Very Happy

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:27 pm