UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

UKAFH Find of the Month

UKAFH Find of the Month Empty UKAFH Find of the Month

Post  Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm

As featured on the main website each month we award an individual who finds what we think is the nicest specimen from our monthly hunt by announcing it as Find of the Month! - I shall also post these in here for comment.

Last edited by Spleain on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

UKAFH Find of the Month Empty Re: UKAFH Find of the Month

Post  macrocephale Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 pm

What about from other hunts? (As long as they were posted here etc and not just old ones).. I can't make many of the official hunts but I've got loads of my own planned for the summer..

Post  Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:28 pm

macrocephale wrote:What about from other hunts? (As long as they were posted here etc and not just old ones).. I can't make many of the official hunts but I've got loads of my own planned for the summer..

Well if no one finds anything cop on a UKAFH we can choose something from the Fossil Finds Forum I rekon.

- would you like to invite me on any of your summer hunts?
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Hmm well I'm on my own in Portsmouth for most of June, so I'll be popping over to the IOW a couple of times, want to go back to Bouldner (Oligocene, Mammal/Croc/Turtle) and check out Shanklin (Dino, possible chalk) as well as Yaverland maybe.. You're welcome to come down and stay a night or two and we could make a weekend of it. Got two weeks in Ringstead for my Dissertation at the start of July as well, Caravans booked already but it's a 3-4 bedroom and I'm on my own for the first week (family coming down for a mini holiday the second week), so if you don't mind paying a little towards it you could come down for a day or two, I'll be hunting for every weekday for 2 weeks, as well as a couple of days of logging Mad and other sedimentological stuff.. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

There's Oxford Clay, Corallian limestone and some Kimmeridge Clay there..

After that I'll be in North Wales for a while at my Nans', so will be over to Anglesey or something maybe..

Post  Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 pm

macrocephale wrote:Hmm well I'm on my own in Portsmouth for most of June, so I'll be popping over to the IOW a couple of times, want to go back to Bouldner (Oligocene, Mammal/Croc/Turtle) and check out Shanklin (Dino, possible chalk) as well as Yaverland maybe.. You're welcome to come down and stay a night or two and we could make a weekend of it. Got two weeks in Ringstead for my Dissertation at the start of July as well, Caravans booked already but it's a 3-4 bedroom and I'm on my own for the first week (family coming down for a mini holiday the second week), so if you don't mind paying a little towards it you could come down for a day or two, I'll be hunting for every weekday for 2 weeks, as well as a couple of days of logging Mad and other sedimentological stuff.. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

There's Oxford Clay, Corallian limestone and some Kimmeridge Clay there..

After that I'll be in North Wales for a while at my Nans', so will be over to Anglesey or something maybe..

Im game... ill check my diary and PM you
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Okey Dokey

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am

This post is off sticky and submissions to FOTM can be found in the appropriate forum...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 am