UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

2 posters

Multi-Quote

Multi-Quote Empty Multi-Quote

Post  Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:24 am

A prize to anyone who can work out the purpose and how to use the new 'Multi-Quote' button.

- the prize will suck but thats not the point.
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Multi-Quote Empty Re: Multi-Quote

Post  Kosmos Wed May 30, 2012 9:46 am

If you want to quote lots of people in one post, you click multiquote on all of the posts you want to quote, then click add reply. It is the same as quote, but quote does just one quote per post, multi does lots.
    I sometimes use it when lots of people have commented on one of my fossils, so I do that for a personal comment to each of them.
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  Kosmos Wed May 30, 2012 9:48 am

Example:

Spleain wrote:A prize to anyone who can work out the purpose and how to use the new 'Multi-Quote' button.

- the prize will suck but thats not the point.
    What is the prize?

Kosmos wrote:If you want to quote lots of people in one post, you click multiquote on all of the posts you want to quote, then click add reply. It is the same as quote, but quote does just one quote per post, multi does lots.
    I sometimes use it when lots of people have commented on one of my fossils, so I do that for a personal comment to each of them.
    That is useful info, thanks. Wink

Post  Guest Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Ahhhh, thanks Kosmos... prize.... I can add you your own smillie to the forum??? - this is mine Spleain

yes I know the prize sucks but thanks for that i couldnt work out its purpose.
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  Kosmos Wed May 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Spleain wrote:Ahhhh, thanks Kosmos... prize.... I can add you your own smillie to the forum??? - this is mine Spleain

yes I know the prize sucks but thanks for that i couldnt work out its purpose.
    Haha, thats fun! What is there to choose from?

Post  Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Anything you like within reason, i can draw it or if you have something you want send it me I will upload it.
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  Kosmos Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Spleain wrote:Anything you like within reason, i can draw it or if you have something you want send it me I will upload it.
    I will get something sorted soon, my sister can do moving images, I will see if I can get her to do something fossily. Smile

Post  Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:34 am

Kosmos wrote:
    Spleain wrote:Anything you like within reason, i can draw it or if you have something you want send it me I will upload it.
    I will get something sorted soon, my sister can do moving images, I will see if I can get her to do something fossily. Smile

ok, cool
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Love the feature.. on other forums I end up opening quotes from multiple posts then C&Ping... Might show this feature to a couple of places

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:12 am