UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

3 posters

David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October

Chapwi
    Chapwi
    Admin

David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October Empty David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October

Post  Chapwi Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:41 am

http://www.discussfossils.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3439&title=whitby-bone

Iam posting this on behalf David,
    "In October I found what looked like 3 mammal bone in a nodule on the Whitby coast, they looked different than the normal stuff plesiosaure, ichthyosaur, crocodile so I took it home and left it alone rather than prep it just in case it was some thing different, 3 weeks later I went back to Whitby making sure Bryan Blessed was in his shop Natural Wonders i went to the shop and showed Bryan to see what he thought he had an a good idea but wanted confirmation so he told me to contact a DR David Martill at School of Earth and Environmental Sciences University of Portsmouth. He is a nice man and a credit to his academics. He answered all my emails within hours, and could i send him the specimen he was on a fieldtrip in Morocco for a month and got back on Friday 26th January, on Saturday 27th after a long day fossiling with Andy (tortoise) and john got home and checked my emails Dr David Martill got back to me and confirmed what Bryan and I thought the specimen is indeed a pterosaur shoulder girdle. Sometime next week he will attempt to identify it with a little more precision. And from what i can gather it’s only the second pterosaur fossil ever found in Yorkshire. So I would like to say thanks to Dr David Martill and Bryan for there Knowledge and help. So if you find anything you are not sure about make sure you put on the forum or show someone with more knowledge. David"

David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October David111
    David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October David211
    David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October David311
    David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October David410
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October Empty Re: David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October

Post  macrocephale Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:58 am

Love it!
    Hehe sorry for dragging Marto (Dr Dave Martill) out to Morocco for the month, that was the month we were out there! geek
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October Empty Re: David.groocock Amazing find from Whitby ( pterosaur) found in October

Post  Kosmos Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Very very nice! An amazing find indeed! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:22 pm