UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

3 posters

gutted about the sea urchin find

laughingravy1960
    Present Day Rank
    Present Day Rank

gutted about the sea urchin find Empty gutted about the sea urchin find

Post  laughingravy1960 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi,people are asking why i was gutted by the sea urchin find.Well I went with my friend Sarah and I decided to search the tide line while she did the cliff face and area.I spent two hours combing my area,taking mt time and even sitting and doing close inspections.I found some basic bits and after a while decided to set off back towards the area where we climbed down.Sarah walked across to me,bent,picked up and said wow i've been looking for one of these for eight years.The sea urchin was within three feet of my last search area and I'd missed it.I congratulated her on her fantastic find,told her i had an urgent call of nature to attend to,wandered off and then,pulled the last hair out of my head,screamed and banged my obviously blind head against the boulder clay cliff.So if any of you want to have a great day in this area,get in touch,meet me,you just sit down or go to sleep until I scour the area.Wait until I sit down then join me and search a circle around me,you'll find all the ones I've missed. lol.
    sal7373
    Palaeogene Rank
    Palaeogene Rank

gutted about the sea urchin find Empty Re: gutted about the sea urchin find

Post  sal7373 Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Laughing lol ...however I do sympathise, happened to me at Aust, nothing worse No
    laughingravy1960
    Present Day Rank
    Present Day Rank

Post  laughingravy1960 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 am

haha actually although a little enviable of her,i was pleased that the find meant so much to her,i'll find one soon either that or i'll camp on the beach till i do lol.
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:03 am

That's how it usually happens I'm afraid.. You spend ages searching, sit down to rest/eat/sleep etc then turn around and you're sat on a skull! geek

Post  Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 pm

I have never sat on a skull!!! - but yes many a time that has happen to me but also the other way round as well which is always fun. I usually go fossil blind in the evening after a long day and I see nothing at all which is always frustrating. Spleain

Post  Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:35 pm

sal7373 wrote: Laughing lol ...however I do sympathise, happened to me at Aust, nothing worse No

Other way round for me at Aust - three lads walked right over the plesiosaur humerrus I have posted in finds. I picked it up and shook my head.
    sal7373
    Palaeogene Rank
    Palaeogene Rank

Post  sal7373 Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:11 am

Lol Spleain...not many of the visitors there really know what they are looking for...lucky you! I had a few hours there on Friday...have a few lumps of matrix to prep with a few visable teeth...however it was a first for me to bring home a live but exhausted racing pigeon rescued from the mud!

Post  Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 pm

That fossil is so well preserved its still alive! - hows the it doing? Is it a homing pigeon so presumable would fly off home once it has recovered?
    sal7373
    Palaeogene Rank
    Palaeogene Rank

Post  sal7373 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 am

After a nights bed and breakfast, it took to the sky again...now I'm wondering scratch if it got back from wherever it came from....I have its tag no. so I could find out Smile
    laughingravy1960
    Present Day Rank
    Present Day Rank

Post  laughingravy1960 Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 pm

sal7373 wrote:After a nights bed and breakfast, it took to the sky again...now I'm wondering scratch if it got back from wherever it came from....I have its tag no. so I could find out Smile

I used to have homing pigeons.you could take a few to market,sell them and just wait until they came back again.sold the same one four times lol.

Post  Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 pm

laughingravy1960 wrote:
    sal7373 wrote:After a nights bed and breakfast, it took to the sky again...now I'm wondering scratch if it got back from wherever it came from....I have its tag no. so I could find out Smile

I used to have homing pigeons.you could take a few to market,sell them and just wait until they came back again.sold the same one four times lol.

lol!
    sal7373
    Palaeogene Rank
    Palaeogene Rank

Post  sal7373 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 am

Lol @ laughinggravy....I miss the pidge No .....although I only had it a day Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:01 pm