UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

New South American Therapod

macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

New South American Therapod Empty New South American Therapod

Post  macrocephale Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:26 am

A new therapod has been unveiled at a museum in Argentina. That is all. Really.

The TERRIBLE ITV and BBC news stories that say things about 'link to T. rex and Velociraptor are stupid public-brainwashing nonsense as always. No formal description has been made of the in-relatively-good-condition skeleton(s), and the models on display may be composites. And the pictures on the aforementioned links are probably a Troodontid because the common media is stupid. Give it time for a paper to be published first.
    (I've had a phonecall to each of my parents ruined by each of them telling me about this currently-non-story already.)
    Also the stuff about it being 'The most primitive link to birds' is rubbish as well.
    I'm currently dying from a soul drenching quest to decide which (of the BBC and ITV stories) is the worst. If I don't update the other post tomorrow like I said I would, you know why.. Face Palm

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 pm