UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

2 posters

Newly-discovered dinosaur "resembled flightless bird"

Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Newly-discovered dinosaur "resembled flightless bird" Empty Newly-discovered dinosaur "resembled flightless bird"

Post  Kosmos Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 pm

macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Newly-discovered dinosaur "resembled flightless bird" Empty Re: Newly-discovered dinosaur "resembled flightless bird"

Post  macrocephale Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Once again, you've unfortunately copied a headline from a know-nothing journalist who wants to impress people. Alvarezsaurids don't really look like fightless birds (to me anyway).. cool story though otherwise, I believe these are the first Alvarezsaurid eggs found, and this is one of the largest ones yet found.

Another link:
    http://phys.org/news/2012-04-eggs-enigmatic-dinosaur.html
    Kosmos
    Kosmos
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Newly-discovered dinosaur "resembled flightless bird" Empty Re: Newly-discovered dinosaur "resembled flightless bird"

Post  Kosmos Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:15 pm

macrocephale wrote:Once again, you've unfortunately copied a headline from a know-nothing journalist who wants to impress people. Alvarezsaurids don't really look like fightless birds (to me anyway).. cool story though otherwise, I believe these are the first Alvarezsaurid eggs found, and this is one of the largest ones yet found.

Another link:
    http://phys.org/news/2012-04-eggs-enigmatic-dinosaur.html

Hehe, I copy the title every time from the news article.
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:31 pm

You should try to give them more accurate titles. Most of the titles by the places these links come from such as BBC, yahoo etc(bar the proper, sciencey links) have stupid titles that are completely inaccurate and misleading, and just there to grab the attention of the non-palaeontologist.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:07 am