UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

2 posters

November UKafh Quiz - Get ready to get Cryptic!

macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

November UKafh Quiz - Get ready to get Cryptic! Empty November UKafh Quiz - Get ready to get Cryptic!

Post  macrocephale Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:27 am

I begin with a story. There was once a highly ranker police officer, who had a job interview with MI6 one day, and on his was he did his usual Cryptic crosswords. As he sat there, on the tube, he wondered how many people can take hours or even days to finish them. In the interview, the interviewer went through the necessary security checks, and followed normal interview protocol. He then finished with the question, "So, have you ever tried the cryptic crossword in the (insert newspaper here)?".
    "Yes, I do them daily".
    "How long do they take you", replied the interviewer.
    "Around 20 minutes, half an hour tops".
    "I'll have to make the damned things harder then!" Replied the boss.

To conquer this months quiz, you will have to be that man. The questions will be cryptic as ever, testing and spreading knowledge of glorious Mesozoic animals, as well as a couple older and younger. Basic knowledge of taxonomy and morphology will help, as well as a little ancient greek, the language almost all extinct animals are named in.

Are you ready?

(I didn't overdo that at all did I? geek )
    Chapwi
    Chapwi
    Admin

November UKafh Quiz - Get ready to get Cryptic! Empty Re: November UKafh Quiz - Get ready to get Cryptic!

Post  Chapwi Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am

Sounds like fun lol
    looks like i will win again haha
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

November UKafh Quiz - Get ready to get Cryptic! Empty Re: November UKafh Quiz - Get ready to get Cryptic!

Post  macrocephale Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:22 am

That's if you can decipher the questions! (Two are relatively easy)
    One of the questions is actually a poem!
    Chapwi
    Chapwi
    Admin

Post  Chapwi Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:09 am

lol thats me buggered
    macrocephale
    macrocephale
    Pre-cambrian
    Pre-cambrian

Post  macrocephale Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Well done to Fossilphil, who after a tense tie-breaker question takes the win and 3 points for the league table! Second place went to Chapwi, and 3rd was tied between Spinosaurus George and Palaeo7!

Looking forward to the next quiz!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:43 am