UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UK Amateur Fossil Hunters

In Affiliation With:

Ammonites from Here and Elsewhere (website)

Ammonites from Here and Elsewhere (website) Empty Ammonites from Here and Elsewhere (website)

Post  Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 pm

J S David - Ammonites from Here and Elsewhere

This website is in french however the google translation is sufficient. I am finding this website increasingly useful for checking ammonite species against quality photographs. And that is really what this site is, a collection of photographs - but the collection is big, over 1500 of 'em! The home page states that the collector is an amateur and cant guarantee 100% accuracy. It is a good resource for checking species when often you may be left with a crap picture in a book, or no picture (i like pictures).

I would have liked a point of reference in the pictures though widths are stated.
    stevesnowball
    stevesnowball
    Admin

Ammonites from Here and Elsewhere (website) Empty Re: Ammonites from Here and Elsewhere (website)

Post  stevesnowball Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 pm

It looks like a very useful site and certainly worth adding to favourites or to bookmark for future reference needs. The photos are good. Well spotted!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm